7/7/21 – Our volunteer program is currently on hold.
Interested in volunteering?
- Those wishing to play with and socialize cats/kittens may sign in as a guest and do so during open hours. Please call before you come to ensure we have kitties available to visit with 603-539-1077.
- LRHS is accepting volunteers ages 18 and over. Minors are welcome to visit and spend time with cats if they are accompanied by their guardian (see above).
- Youth groups such as (schools, camps, parks & recs., scouts, etc.) may visit for special projects, please call us to coordinate 603-539-1077.
- LRHS requires long-term, dedicated, volunteers who can adhere to an agreed upon schedule and are willing to commit to 3+ hours per week for 3+ months.
- Those interested in volunteering are encouraged to review the “help wanted list” below and apply for specific volunteer positions.
Step 1: Select a job(s) from the list below OR call us to discuss other options 603-539-1077.
- Housekeeper – sweeping, dusting, windows, mopping, dishes, laundry, etc.
- Grounds Maintenance – mowing and weed whacking. Raking and leaf blowing as needed. Mulch spreading, pruning, etc.
- Carpenter – light carpentry projects, minor repairs, furniture assembly, etc.
- Gardener – maintain parking lot island beauty and whiskey barrel planter.
- Snow Removal – shoveling, roof raking, snowplowing, plowing, sanding, snow sculptures!
- Photographer – take quality photos/video of resident pets and email them to the Executive Director for marketing and adoption purposes.
- Office assistant– organize and file pet folders, organize supply closets, assist with large mailings, etc.
- Off-site Events –help us with the Golf Tournament, Bald Peak Luncheon, Holiday Dinner or represent LRHS at smaller community functions!
- Social Media – marketing tips, education, and advice happily accepted!
- Dog Trainer – help provide enrichment to shelter dogs by teaching them basic manners.
- Foster Home – see foster program.
Step 2: Complete and submit the online or printable volunteer application below. Be sure to indicate which job description you are interested in.
Step 3: Print, review, sign, and return the Confidentiality Agreement.
Step 4: LRHS will call you to set up an Orientation appointment and volunteer schedule.