There are many ways to donate to LRHS!
- In Person: Stop by LRHS Tues.-Sat. between 11am-4pm to hand deliver your donation
- By Mail: Mail a check for your donation to PO Box 655 Ossipee, NH 03864.
Please make check payable to: LRHS
- Online (below)
Using PayPal, donors may choose to set up an automatic monthly auto-draft or one time gift.
Examples of Common Shelter Costs:
- $650 to heat the shelter for one month.
- $100 to spay/neuter a shelter pet.
- $25 for annual Rabies and Distemper vaccinations for a dog or cat.
- $15 per month for flea/tick preventative for a dog or cat.
Donate In Honor or Memory Of
Donations can be made in Honor or Memory of a special pet or person who has touched your lives. LRHS will mail your special individual a card so that they can share in the knowledge that you gave to shelter pets in their name. Please remember to provide LRHS with the following information:
- Specify if your donation will be made in Memory or in Honor of.
- Submit the honored person or pet’s full name.
- Submit a current mailing address for the honoree. If the person or pet is deceased, provide the name and address of the living person you would like notified of your thoughtful gift.
Of course monetary donations help us meet our needs but we also need many basic items to meet the needs of our pets. Our wish list below outlines items we accept for donation:
LRHS Wish List
- Pedigree Chopped Chicken Canned Dog Food
- Canned Cat Food: Friskie’s Chicken Pate
- KMR liquid or powdered kitten food
- Plastic grocery bags
- Copy Paper
- Baking Soda, Peanut Butter, Chicken or Turkey and Gravy Baby Food
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent
- Trash Bags
- Mr. Clean Magic Sponges
- Dog & Cat Toys: cat trees, tunnels, tennis balls, rope toys, stuffed animals
- Brooms & Dust Pans
Interested in volunteering your time? Our volunteer program is easy to join. Click here to learn more!
Sponsor a Shelter Pet
Many times supporters who are unable to adopt themselves fall for a pet they see available for adoption and choose to sponsor the adoption fee in order to find the pet a home sooner. Should you wish to sponsor a shelter pet simply mail in or charge the amount you’d like to put towards the adoption fee and include a memo stating the name of the pet you wish to sponsor. Adoption fees can be found online. The adoption fee for the pet you opted to sponsor will be reflected online after your gift is received.
Help Build the Saving Grace Fund
The “Saving Grace Fund” is a separate account that LRHS keeps at the ready for unforeseen, emergency medical treatments for animals that arrive at our shelter in dire straits. This fund is allocated to medical needs that superseded the normal, daily pet care LRHS normally provides such as vaccinations; spay/neuter surgeries, microchipping, blood testing, fecal testing and basic first aid. Examples of Saving Grace Fund usage includes: eye removal surgeries, limb amputations, dental surgeries, screenings and treatments for cancer, X-rays, medications for severe allergies, etc.
LRHS is notorious for going above and beyond to provide the pets in our care with the medical, nutritional and educational opportunities that they need to succeed in their new homes.
Donations from caring people like you allows LRHS to continue to provide quality food, shelter, grooming, enrichment, medical assistance and care while we seek out a perfect forever home for our pets.
LRHS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and receives no federal or state funding. Our organization is run strictly on funds raised by our Board of Directors. All monies raised are spent right here at this facility, on our pets. Your donation is tax deductible and very much appreciated!